Saturday, May 10, 2008

23 years ago...

...I won a bike race (BMX).

Last night at the Superdrome I won the Masters 35+/Cat 4 category in the Friday night Points series race.

That's a long time between wins...

There were 5 or 6 of us and our category didn't make so they combined us with the regular cat 4s. I stayed as close to the front as I could, figuring that would make some good finishes since they we were racing together but being scored separately. I was right.

Our events were:

4 lap Danish
20 lap scratch
29 lap Unknown Distance

All fun, and I learned about a gear choice I really like last night (but you don't get to know which one!)

Good times, low key event, good way to clear the head since I've been doing promoter duties all week for the Horse Country Time Trial.

Rider(s) to pray for: All of our racers that came out today...prayers of thanks are always appropriate.

DB

No comments: