Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I'm back! Sort of...

Its been a busy two weeks since I last posted...

In addition to the training, I've been focusing on getting everything ready for the 3rd season of the Horse Country Time Trial as well as ongoing stuff for the Cooper Crit at Craig Ranch.

I love promoting races. Its truly fascinating to see all the pieces come together when everyone kicks in their labor and ideas. Nothing sweeter that seeing an event go off with little to few hitches. The TT should be easy this year, as we have lots of volunteers. The crit is the first one we have run, so who knows?

In the middle of all this, I've been suffering from fit/fitness issues on the bike. My saddle keeps sliding back when I'm not looking, and I keep forgetting I no longer live in the days where I could just jump on the bike and go. If I don't stretch the hamstrings, the back screams at me within the hour.

But train I must, as the Plano crit series opens in less than 2 weeks. As a warmup I am doing the 4/5 crit in Denton on Saturday.

I'll let you know how it goes...

Cyclist to pray for: John S.

DB

No comments: