Monday, January 19, 2009

Ouch...

Legs, back and pride...all a little sore.

I raced with my buddy Craig Saturday afternoon in Copperas Cove, TX in the Cat 4/5 A group. We got there with very little time to spare (likely my fault...), so I had almost no time to warmup.

At the 5 mile mark, I got shelled out the back of the pack on a relatively small hill. I had been sitting top 10 cruising along, and then I was getting passed by the wheel truck.

So...I got in a nice long 47 mile solo ride. I even managed to get passed by the second 4/5 group that started 15 minutes after we did. Ugh. At least I beat the P123 field in. They did 31 miles more than us (congrats to Josh Clark for the win).

I also had an issue with my shifter in getting to the small ring on some of the hills while I was still trying to catch back on. After 2 or 3 miles it cleared up and I was able to start climbing again, but the race was very much over.

Lesson learned: be on time, warmup.

Cyclist to pray for: Todd K.

DB

No comments: