Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Whew....long season!!!

Man...just when I thought the season was over and I could go into "weight-loss" mode (euphamism for slowing it down), the Superdrome sucked me back in :)

Rode in the "Dollar night" and "Festival of speed" events this weekend. Shall we say I have not been doing high RPM and sprint training in quite some time. My results showed it. I'm quite sure I got last in my group on Dollar night...and got 8th out of 10 or 11 on Saturday night.

But!

Both were fun and I got to watch a junior I am coaching improve. Results were the same as the previous week, but he rode smarter and stronger.

Even worse, the 'drome will be running a fall "endurance series" all the way through the end of November.

So my season is now 11 months long :)

Side note: the aging cyclist hits 40 tomorrow. Rub a bald head or pot belly for me, wouldja?

Cyclist to pray for: Stephen W. and family

DallasBikr

No comments: